The consequences of overshopping has finally hit me, and quite hard this time round.
Despite exceeding the monthly budget, i was out again (with old pals, penghui and weelun) to orchard to see what it's like to shop during the GSS. Armed with only $10 in my wallet, i thought i would be safe from all the temptations all around me, but i was so wrong. The atm card was still "accidentally" left in my pocket. I should have expected this kind of situation and set up the proper defenses against this rising feeling of uncontrolled spurging, but i didn't.
No one to be blamed for this, it's all my fault. I was the very own transgressor of the boundaries i set for myself. I told myself umpteen times that i spent too much, and my "stingy" behaviour should have stopped me, but i didn't cared less.
Money gone just like that.
Little wonder my mother always say, "the money you earned in a year could be spend in just a day." How true.
I ought to curb myself from spending unneccessarily again. which means no more changi v for the next few weeks. My intuition tells me this will be yet another futile session, but nevertheless i hope it works.
And this time round, i'm leaving my atm card in my drawer, for good.
No comments:
Post a Comment