It suddenly dawned onto me that the things I have been chasing all my life (paper certificates, the newest mp3, the nicest clothes, most interactive online games, lots of money, unlimited wants) are material possessions and these will eventually disappear someday.
What is this emptiness that I feel sometimes? It's almost like entering into a trance-like state and waking up suddenly and wonder if life has been worthwhile.
What is it that I want to achieve in this short lifespan? Happiness, like most people. But where can I find this happiness?
I'm sure it is somewhere. It has to be somewhere.
Someone must have achieved that "happiness" that I'm looking for, otherwise this term should be non-existent. If it can be conceived, it must have existed somehow.
I'm still quite vague about the kind of happiness I'm seeking. But I can be sure that it is not the kind that people always see in the television - happiness that comes when they have a loving family, job satisfaction, beautiful girlfriend, religion, self-indulgement etc.
I'm looking for an even higher-ordered happiness. And I shall continue reflecting till I find what I seek.
No comments:
Post a Comment