Friday, June 24, 2011

Almost two months have passed since the last paper ended. It's kinda hard not to feel bitter or sad after so many rejections. Especially after going through several rounds of interviews and doing all sorts of psychometric tests, only to be told the eventuality in a cold email.

This is a real baptism of fire before going into the real-world. As much as I try to convince myself that this setback is just one minor obstacle in the grand scheme of things, I am disappointed nevertheless. It's not that I don't work hard at all or didn't actively seek out opportunities. But sometimes things don't always go as well as expected, and I have learnt much during this time.

The fresh graduates had held high hopes for change, thinking that its finally time to contribute to the world with his new-found knowledge, only to know that the world is larger than he thinks. It's time to manage my own expectations and adapt to the new environment.

The glass cover has been removed, and its time for the strawberry plant to face the harsh weather out there from now on.

No comments: