Strawberry Generation
I am
a child of the 80s.
But I also go by different names,
Generation Y, Post-independence babies,
Internet-savvy kids, Strawberry Generation.
I know we have been in a glass cover all our lives.
I am deeply grateful for everything that has been done for us.
But is it an accurate assumption to say that we are a weak bunch?
Our forefathers have done a great job securing a good future for us.
We have a quality education, a good home and safe environment.
We need not experience the tough life our parents endured under the sun.
That is the irony of progress. We can have what we want too easily.
In the end, we may forget the fighting spirit of our ancestors.
But I'm not sure whether we have indeed lost that drive.
Our generation is a different bunch.
We go through life in a different world.
Expectations are different now.
Strawberries plants are not
as resilient as Durians.
But that does not
mean that
we cannot
survive on
our own.
Trust us.
Your blood
lives in us.
We are your sons and daughters.
(CP, 12.08.2011)
No comments:
Post a Comment