Friday, April 06, 2012

The Ordinary Tales of Mr Barney

Mr Barney woke up early this morning. Strangely enough, there was no particular reason why he should be up at this time of the day but he did. It appeared as though some magic clock was triggered and he was up instantaneously, ready for work. Not a minute late.

But today's Sunday! He suddenly remembered.

Oh well, instead of sleeping again, why not do something productive? Maybe I should check my email to see if Boss sent me anything to do today.

Refusing to waste another minute on bed, Mr Barney got up quickly, like a soldier on quick-march. His actions executed with perfection. On his way to the bathroom, he scanned his room, everything was spic-and-span, as usual. He smiled to himself at the sight.

Finishing his daily business, he walked to his couch and sat down. He turned on his laptop and sieve through the pop-ups to his email.

No news from Mr Big Brother.

Mr Big Brother must be very busy today. He didn't even have to the time to send me an email on what to do. Maybe I should check with Mr Small Brother instead, Mr Barney thinks.

No news from Mr Small Brother as well.

How about Mrs Controller? She always gave me lots of work to do. I'm sure she will have something for me.

Nope, nothing from Mrs Controller either.

What on earth is happening today?? Mr Barney wondered, starting to feel a little distressed. He searched through his online calendar. It's not the Mind-Training Day, Sensor-ship Morning or even the annual "Love thy Brother" Conference. Where is everyone?

Maybe I should do something else first while I wait for their assignments. The weather looks pretty good this morning, Mr Barney admired as he pull the curtains.

The first rays has just shone on the city. The silhouette of the magnificent skyscrapers awed him. That plain sight of Perfection.

This is the perfect weather for a walk!

Oh wait. What if Mr Big Brother wants to look for me? Or even Mrs Controller? Mr Barney contemplated for a while.

Taking a walk is not exactly a good idea. Perhaps I should take some time to smell the roses. Didn't books always tell us to do that all the time? I should learn to enjoy myself too.

That's a good idea, Mr Barney smiled at his own genius.

And he turns on the Internet. A flower photo pops-up.

Ah, what a way to enjoy the weekends!

(CP, 06.04.12)

**My first attempt at writing short stories! I will try to write more in the future. Enjoy =)

No comments: