Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I didn't know doing cement work would be so tough. Looks like I shouldn't underestimate those construction workers.

This short working experience has been fruitful. I've been to so many departments during this period that I doubt not many undergraduates can get a feel of the things that I do.

If I were to list down my job scope, they will include...

Project Coordinator department - liase with customers on job scope, create schedules for work, do risk assessments/method statements, attend site meetings, go for site surveys with supervisors.

Operations department - plan manpower allocation, transportation arrangements, tools maintenance, admin work (Delivery order, storage order etc.)

HR department - interviewing new employees (I still remeber the first interview I had to conduct, that was when its was only my second day of work. haha). Record daily attendance and leave application and medical certificates.

Purchasing Department - sourcing for tools for work (eg. generators, customised bolt/nuts, cement, electrical panels etc), negotiating price for subcontract.

plus a whole lot more of weird little hands-on jobs like cement work, dig trench, lay power cables, drive forklift, help in hoisting, scaffolding, fixing pipes, delivery of equipment etc.

No comments: