Today's Project Excellence session was one of the best so far.
Perhaps it was due to the presence of an external audience (the cameraman who is doing the filming), the kids were extremely well-behaved throughout the session. This is quite miraculous, considering that these kids are usually noisy at times. Or was it the presence of Mr Tan? A possible confound.
This is such an interesting phenomenon. I remembered reading from somewhere that when an individual is under scrutiny by a camera, he/she will display a nontypical positive behaviour. Apparently this applies to kids as well.
But anyway, the activities were the same as previous week. A game of Headcount, followed by Poker Cards Mental Sum and finally a heuristic activity called "Act It Out". The kids were exposed to this special way of solving maths problems which I felt was very effective. We had an outdoor session of "Inventing Games" before the session ended.
It's 2 more session then we are done for the year. I can't imagine we are 1 year old faciliators now (or 2 year volunteers). Like what jeffrey says, we are going to hit the "3 year itch" pretty soon. haha
And Simon told us news that the programme is expanding, so next year is going to be a tough one. But like the rest of the volunteers, I believe we will be ready for this new challenge =)
No comments:
Post a Comment