Recently another of my relative ended up in a hospital again. She was detected with a tumor in her ovary and had to undergo an operation. The previous time another aunt of mine was hospitalized due to overwork. She had suffered a stroke at just the age of 40+.
This recent spate of events prompted me to start thinking of my parents' future. They had worked very hard to bring us up. I'll honestly admit that they had spent almost everything on us and had little savings left. This is barely sufficient to prepare for any emergency at home. Based on consultations with financial planners, this should be a sum of around 3-6 months of the salary.
I also found out that they didn't have any insurance coverage at all, nor even funds for retirement. I worry for them because the hospital bills can be quite taxing. While I pray that they may continue to be in good health, it is necessary to do some precautionary measures.
As the eldest in the family, this heavy responsibility rests on my shoulders from now on. Fortunately for us, I have 3 more siblings to help out. It's going to be a long road down.
No comments:
Post a Comment