Tuesday, February 12, 2013

It's 2013 (and we survived the doomsday prophecy).

As much as I would like to rant about the daily happenings, I decided to only record down the significant events. After all in the grand scheme of things, such incessant complaints about work becomes so much less important over time.

2012 was an important year for me. I have experienced and learnt much from it, even though some rides were more bumpy than others. I have lost and gained back relationships and have learnt to cherish the ties I have with others. That was my most significant takeaway last year. But building relations is not an easy feat, since everyone are so busy with our own respective lives. Yet, it is important because anything can happen and it may be too late when one finally realizes it. 

I have also grown to be more independent. While I still lack the self-confidence in my own abilities, I am slowly changing my perspective. "Maybe I'm not that good, but I'm not that bad either". The 2 overseas trip has exposed me to the big world out there. There are so many things one can do, but it depends on whether he/she has the courage to take the plunge. While this might be a small achievement to some, it's an accomplishment to be able to travel alone in 2012. I want to thank Dr Sandy (my thesis prof) for giving me this wonderful opportunity. That sense of unprecedented freedom can be so enticing at times but I know things still need to be grounded in reality.

In the coming year, I will want to challenge myself to do more. Happy CNY and 2013.

No comments: