Sunday, December 06, 2009

SuperH says: so i've a group of friends whom i'm close with. v close. but as we become closer, i start to see their flaws. some of which is really irritating me. I'm not sure if its me who is getting anal, or is it because they are really treating ppl who are closer w less thoughtfulness. or rather, as time goes by, you have exhausted all their good points.

SuperH says: and i bet these are gg to strain my friendship w them. if thats the case, whats the point of being close to your friends when its just going to strain the friendship at the end of the day.

SuperH says: I am wondering if it is better to keep a distance from all your friends, a distance that is far enuff so that we dont see each other's flaws. maintain a good image, a facade. Keep the distance, keep the flaws. and since no one really understands, why make the effort to express your feelings to them. you can be your own best friend.

This brings me to the question about friendship. Can I accept the flaws that I see in my friends as well?

If yes, then I am contradicting the very beliefs that I have for myself. After all, the flaws are the ones that I see as unacceptable.

If no, then I guess there can be no friends for me. Since it is impossible to find someone who fits the bill (except myself). I am my own best friend in the end.

No comments: