This thought has been lingering for some time, but I was busy with other more important stuff that I didn't really have time to reflect on it.
But after huimin's comment during suppertalk, I begin to realise the importance of this issue. She said I look as though I was "living in my own world", even though I am always physically present, my mind seem to be always off somewhere else. What's worse is that she can see the "fear" in my eyes that I myself know is present as well.
I don't know how to describe this fear. The best words I can find for now is "loss" of emotions. In a way, I don't know whether I can feel truly happy or sad anymore. Don't ask me how come because I don't have a clue myself too. The emotions I experience seem to be like fleeting thoughts, I can be ecstatic whenever I play, but a few moments later I begin to feel nothing again. So much so that I start questioning myself if I did experience anything at all in the first place. Something must have changed me to who I am today.
When I'm happy I laugh, when I'm angry, I laugh, and when I'm sad, I laugh as well. So much so that everything I laugh, I can no longer know what emotion I am experiencing. And coupled with the fact that I know these are passing "emotional" thoughts, I start behaving like a detached individual, like what huimin said. Which is true in fact, because I can no longer see the actual me. Its like being an observer watching the life of another (which is still me) going on.
What is it like to truly feel again?
No comments:
Post a Comment