Having attended the talk by Kelvin (a fellow volunteer for almost 30 years), I'm inspired by his passion and committment to his responsibilities. Someday I wish to be the one to share my experiences as a volunteer too.
The organisation I joined this time is pretty different from the usual volunteering services. There is more responsibility on the role of the volunteers themselves because the staff at CDAC only support the activities, not the other way round, where the staff plan events and look for volunteers to carry it out. We are the ones who plan for the weekly events in the school so that these students can carry out their NYAA activities.
There is a shortage of volunteers right now, because we (currently 3 person) are starting out everything from scratch in the new school. So anyone who feels like volunteering and is able to commit their saturdays to do so please contact me.
On the side note, even though the activities are held on saturdays (10-1), the planning is much more complicated and time consuming.
But I'm not giving it up yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment