Time flies really fast again.
I could still vivdly remembered the first time I joined Club Gusto. I signed up from some volunteering website during the June holidays and chanced upon this CDAC programme. The first training session was held at HQ and I thought this was something that was worthwhile for me to dedicate time for.
Things didn't turn out fine at first, because at that time there wasn't a lot of volunteers to help out at the new school. We almost thought we couldn't succeed then. But things turned out fine after all.
Gusto was the first volunteering work done on my own accord. Before this, I volunteered because of CIP, which isn't really true volunteering in a way. It's a long story as to why I decided to volunteer (I shall post it some other time)
Come to think of it, I almost wanted to give up at some point in time. But something prevented it from coming true. I'm not sure if its because of the students, the fellow volunteers, the essence of Club Gusto itself. I'm quite glad I didn't make that choice.
If I did, I will never have experienced the joy of our first Gusto camp on sunday. It's a great closure to all our achievements for the year 2008. Our efforts have never gone in vain.
A big thank you to the team (huihui, zhenyou,jeffrey,jack, william, pearlene, kenneth, glenn, jiawei, lan hui, yanping, qinzhi, simin, james, alvin, benson, yongquan, valerie, jieying and student volunteers) for making my first year of Gusto so meaningful.
No comments:
Post a Comment