Saturday, November 29, 2008

The world has just gotten more dangerous these days.

Even while I'm safely back at home, world events continued to strike terror into many people's life. Especially after I saw news of the singaporean hostage's death in the mumbai terrorist attack. Somehow it just struck a chord in me. Perhaps because she was a singaporean, or maybe she was a fellow human being.

The philosophical question "Is human nature innately good?" re-appeared in my mind once again.

I often believe that humans are kind in nature, most of the time people commit atrocious acts/crimes is due circumstances. I don't think people will want to kill another just for killing sake.

Though I personally shall not judge which side is wrong in this incident, after all both have their own sides of the story to tell. But all I have to say that violence will not solve anything. These acts can only bring more sacrifices and more often that not, the innocent are the most affected.

Everyone knows that life is so precious, but why do we still have people doing this?

It just surprises me. Human nature isn't supposed to be like that :(

No comments: