Saturday, August 26, 2006

No choice but to admit that I'm a very fainthearted person. 2 years of gothic class didn't really managed to convince myself that there is nothing to be afraid of. Most films are set to induced shock factors to instil a pre-notion of psychological fear for the supernatural. As a literature student with some experience in gothic sets and practices, I ought to have more courage in watching scary movies.

But that didn't help a lot when I watched a late night movie "ghost game" after supporting the band at the ngee ann city performance.

Anyway, the performance was quite good with quite a wide repertoire of pop songs as well as competition pieces. This is probably their third public performance for the year, and more coming soon. Saw many familiar faces there, ex-students, teachers, and also ex- members of the symphonic band (most from my batch). As an alumni, I will be present there, of course.

After the performance, we (me, yenting, eunice, yuanzhen and zhimin) felt that it was too early to go home, so ended up watching ghost game at cine. Yenting came back for her holidays before her summer school at Monash University (unfamiliar term) starts, so we were quite fortunate to see her around. Eunice is studying in NUS too (same uni). It's always good to have a lot of classmates in the same cca, because we can have a mini class outing at the same time.

Basically, I went numbed for the whole show. Despite eunice claiming to be the most timid one around, she managed to hold out till the end of the show. As for me, I was watching it half-heartedly, eating chips to curb my fright. But I ended up finishing the show with the rest. At least I didn't run out midway. lol.

Today is the band investiture and I was contemplating whether to go. It's been very long since I went back to Kranji. Somehow the school gave me quite a distanced feeling. But the warm welcome by the band juniors made me wanted to go back.

I must build up more courage next time round.

No comments: